Department of Rural Services
- Rural Services Block Grant - Eligible to communities of less than 3,000 in population with at least a 51% Low to Moderate income range. Match ratio 9:1 or match 10% of total project cost. Eligible projects include renovation or new construction of community centers, fire station buildings, or multi-purpose centers, or the purchase of fire trucks. Visit www.arkansas.gov/drs for application or contact Lauren Gabriel at 1-888-787-2527.
- Rural Community Development Grant - Funds projects for communities with population less than 3,000. Match ratio is 50/50. Eligible projects include, but are not limited to, construction or renovation of community centers, baseball/softball fields, walking tracks, park and playground equipment, pavilions and community beautification projects. Visit www.arkansas.gov/drs for application or contact Shana Fryar at 1-888-787-2527.
Rural Community Development Initiative (RCDI)
The RCDI grant, which has a dollar-for-dollar matching funds requirement, is made to an intermediary. The intermediary provides a program of technical assistance to recipients to build their capacity and ability to undertake projects related to housing, community facilities, and community and economic development in rural areas. The intermediary can be a private or public organization, including tribal, that has been legally organized a minimum of 3 years and has experience working with the recipients eligible for this program. The recipients can be nonprofit organizations, low-income communities, or federally recognized tribes, based on the definitions in the Notice of Funds Availability (NOFA). Recipients must be located in eligible rural areas, as defined in the NOFA. Matching funds must be in the form of cash or confirmed funding commitments and be at least equal to the grant amount. In-kind contributions cannot be used as matching funds.
For more information link to: http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/rhs/rcdi/
||Mr. William Kenney
Rural Housing Service
Room 0183, Stop 0787
1400 Independence Ave. SW.
Washington , DC 20250-0787
Phone: (202) 720-1506 / Fax: (202) 690-0471
Arkansas Historic Preservation Program
Main Street Downtown Revitalization Grant to fix up downtowns. $5000 to $10,000.
Model Business Grants provide matching funds for improvements at a local business that then serves as an example for other downtown businesses to emulate
Two Historic Preservation Restoration Grant options are available for rehabilitation of historic structures in Arkansas. One grant offers a maximum of $10,000 and the other offers a minimum of $10,000.
County Courthouse Restoration Subgrant – Total available to share among applicants per year is $150,000 - $1,000,000.
Contact Mark Miller, 501-324-9880 or visit the AHPP website at www.arkansaspreservation.org/ and click on ‘Preservation Services’ and then ‘Grants’.
Department of Parks and Tourism
- 50/50 Grant - Arkansas city and county governments may apply for annual competitive grants that maybe used acquire park land and/or develop public outdoor recreation facilities. Maximum grant amount is $250,000
- Fun Park Grant - Arkansas cities with a population of 2500 persons or less (unincorporated rural areas must apply through the county) may apply for $25,000 to develop a localities first park with basic recreation facilities. No match required.
- Trails for Life Grant - Funds fitness trails up to $35,000. No match required.
- Arkansas Tourism Attraction Feasibility Study Matching Grant -Helps communities conduct tourism studies. Maximum grant amount is $15,000.
Contact the Department of Parks and Tourism at (501) 682-1301.
USDA Rural Development
Community Programs - No match grant funds and loans for essential public community facilities in rural areas. These facilities include schools, libraries, childcare, hospitals, medical clinics, assisted living facilities, fire and rescue stations, police stations, community centers, public buildings and transportation.
Contact Stephen Lagasse at (501) 301-3267,
email Stephen.Lagasse@ar.usda.gov or visit www.rurdev.usda.gov/ar/
Arkansas Economic Development Commission
- Community Development Block Grant for General Assistance and Innovative Projects - $50,000 to $200,000 for public works, public facilities, and innovative projects. Examples include multi-purpose centers, homeless shelters, battered spouse shelters, accredited public libraries, halfway houses, and enhancements to make public facilities accessible by the physically handicapped. (Communities under 3,000 with at least a 51% Low to Moderate Income level applying for projects involving a multipurpose center or fire protection are not eligible for the General Assistance and Innovative Projects Grant and must apply for the Rural Services Block Grant)
Visit www.1-800-arkansas.com or call 1-800-ARKANSAS, (501) 682-1121.